aid (plural aids)
- Help; succor; assistance; relief.
- An unconstitutional mode of obtaining aid. - Hallam
- The person who promotes or helps in something being done; a helper; an assistant.
- It is not good that man should be alone; let us make unto him an aid like unto himself. - Tobit viii. 6
- Something which helps; a material source of help.
- An aid-de-camp, so called by abbreviation; as, a general"s aid.
- (UK) A historical subsidy granted to the king by Parliament; also, an exchequer loan.
- (law) A feudal pecuniary tribute paid by a vassal to his lord on special occasions.
3 letters in word "aid": A D I.
No anagrams for aid found in this word list.
Words found within aid: